F-14 Tomcat Parking Only

I just added some Puking Dawgs and they showed up in the link so that's working out fine. I've also been working hard on the follow up volume to Tomcat Alley. I really want to have it published by next year for the 100th Anniversary of USN Aviation.

Hey Dave,

Is 2011 still the plan for the new book? Can't wait!

Jamie

No record of 161608 serving with VF-41. However, 161607 did serve with the squadron. I photographed 162608 with VF-41 during April 1999, May 2000 and September 2000 and November 2001. This is the Tomcat on display at the Reagan Museum, Semi Valley, Ca. It was stricken from the navy rolls on 16 October 2003. This airframe accumulated 5784 flight hours, 1682 cat shots and 1699 arrested landings which includes field arrestments.

162608 just prior to its final Tomcat Cruise

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/67649/M/U...-Tomcat/162608/

162608 on 9 November 2001, the day it returned from OEF and its final Tomcat Cruise

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/67650/M/U...-Tomcat/162608/

Thanks for the photos and dates Dave. She isn't the bird at the Reagan Museum though, she is here in Birmingham. I will have to dig around a little when I get home to post a pic of her, and I wrote the guy(T. Anft/Anst? Can't remember the spelling, sorry) that has all the dispositions on his website but he never changed it. She ended her career at NSAWC and is still in that paint. She resides at the Southern Museum of Flight, but is technically inside the fence at the B'ham airport. She did arrive in B'ham in Oct 2003 but was on the apron until 2007 or 2008 when she was finally moved to the fenceline next to the A-12 (where you can actually see it without being on the runway....)

I am about to shoot at the range some, then have some other errands to run, so it will be a few hours, maybe even this evening before I can get a pic of her up.

Thanks for the photos and dates Dave. She isn't the bird at the Reagan Museum though, she is here in Birmingham. I will have to dig around a little when I get home to post a pic of her, and I wrote the guy(T. Anft/Anst? Can't remember the spelling, sorry) that has all the dispositions on his website but he never changed it. She ended her career at NSAWC and is still in that paint. She resides at the Southern Museum of Flight, but is technically inside the fence at the B'ham airport. She did arrive in B'ham in Oct 2003 but was on the apron until 2007 or 2008 when she was finally moved to the fenceline next to the A-12 (where you can actually see it without being on the runway....)

I am about to shoot at the range some, then have some other errands to run, so it will be a few hours, maybe even this evening before I can get a pic of her up.

Yes, the official Navy spread sheet has her listed as being in Birmingham.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Love the additions, Dave ... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Always great seeing the Skull and Crossed Bones but I really enjoyed seeing the VF-33 birds ...

Looking at the last shot makes me wonder why people still question the "Turkey" moniker the Tomcat has, Great Shot ... :worship:

Gregg

Dave,None of these links works and says that this page cannot be found but if you click on ANY link above it should do the trick ..

but nothing happens when you do that also asks for password and to log in.. I am sure the photos are BRILLIANT but I cannot get to

see them ...Must be a temporary glitch..

HOLMES :cheers:

Edited by HOLMES

Here are a few Tomcat photos I took at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo last year....If you get a chance to visit it, I'd highly recommend it. Oh, and the price is right...free admission.

100_2703.jpg

100_2704.jpg

100_2699.jpg

100_2696.jpg

100_2697.jpg

100_2727.jpg

100_2702.jpg

100_2712.jpg

Edited by fasteagle12
Does she still have a complete cockpit?

I think so. I remember when they flew it in back in the 90's. I think they just de-militarized it by removing the engines and and a few other items. I think they left the cockpit pretty much intact.

I think so. I remember when they flew it in back in the 90's. I think they just de-militarized it by removing the engines and and a few other items. I think they left the cockpit pretty much intact.

Thanks. I got to get out there and shoot that cockpit for the book.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks for the Photos, Dave ....

I really like that particular Diamondbacks scheme ...

Thanks, too, Fasteagle12 for your lovely shots in the museum ... Always a difficult place to shoot ...

:thumbsup:

Gregg