Way cool shots, Dave ! :woot.gif:

I seen the Mudhen "Elephant Crawl" at SJ on the USAF site ...

That must have been great to see that many birds launch ... :coolio:

Thanks for sharing the photos ... :worship:

-Gregg

great shots Dave!

Thanks Ken. The shoot would have been much better had PAO put the media on the correct side of the runway. Anytime you hear these words, "the base videographer picked out a great spot," RUNAWAY, RUNAWAY! Just as I did, leaving the base and shooting over the fence with the sun over my shoulder.

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/96561/M/USA-Air-Force/McDonnell-Douglas-F-15E-Strike-Eagle/87-0200/

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/96563/M/USA-Air-Force/McDonnell-Douglas-F-15E-Strike-Eagle/87-0190/

Thanks Ken. The shoot would have been much better had PAO put the media on the correct side of the runway. Anytime you hear these words, "the base videographer picked out a great spot," RUNAWAY, RUNAWAY! Just as I did, leaving the base and shooting over the fence with the sun over my shoulder.

LOL!

great shots Dave!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ken,

There should be some Lakenheath Eagles in at Barnes at the moment. Not sure if they're actually there yet but left here about eight hours ago. Should be 493rd FS F-15C/Ds. They're enroute to Red Flag and KBAF is their inital destination. Get your skates on!!!

Gary

Ken,

There should be some Lakenheath Eagles in at Barnes at the moment. Not sure if they're actually there yet but left here about eight hours ago. Should be 493rd FS F-15C/Ds. They're enroute to Red Flag and KBAF is their inital destination. Get your skates on!!!

Gary

Gary - thanks for the intel and message....

speaking of Barnes, here are the 2 jets that went out the evening of July 4th for flyovers over Springfield and Boston, Massachusetts

F-15C_780501_KBAF_4July2010_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_1997.jpg

F-15D_850133_KBAF_4July2010_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_2034.jpg

Excellent pics Ken. I do love that backdrop that you get at Barnes, much better than Lakenheath! '501 must be one of the oldest still in the active inventory, ex-Kadena jet?

Gary

Excellent pics Ken. I do love that backdrop that you get at Barnes, much better than Lakenheath! '501 must be one of the oldest still in the active inventory, ex-Kadena jet?

Gary

thanks Gary! It does make a nice backdrop, especially in Autumn. I believe it is an ex-Kadena jet

hi and thanks Ken for sharing!

thanks!

Ken..

WOW ...May I use one of those for MY desktop please,thank you. :jaw-dropping:

thanks HOLMES! Of course you can!

Gents,

A quick run over to Lakenheath yesterday evening in the hope of catching a few Eagles coming back in the 'golden hour' before sunset worked out rather well with the 492nd active.

IMG_9421.jpg

IMG_9566-1.jpg

IMG_9554.jpg

IMG_9438.jpg

IMG_9467.jpg

IMG_9400.jpg

IMG_9499.jpg

IMG_9463.jpg

IMG_9485.jpg

Note on a couple of pics there's a RAF E-3 in the background. He was on the circuit at neighbouring Mildenhall for a couple of hours so popped over there when done at Lakenheath just in time to catch one approach before the light went.

IMG_9618.jpg

A couple of hours well spent in the evening. Probably the best weather the UK has had for weeks as well!

Gary