All the NAVY Experts...Q&A... next "huge" diorama projec

That picture of yours may have been snapped while only one of the engines was running or some maintenance work may have been done, either way it is an unusual sight for a parked and shut down F-14B/D. Others who've said that the F110 engines should typically be shown with both nozzles full open are correct. Having one open and one closed was something that was typical only of TF30 engines.

F-110 exhausts both being fully open is the most common view indeed.

Yet I just want to throw this beautiful picture from Dave Brown :

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/34576/L/USA-Navy/Grumman-F-14D-Tomcat/161166/

3 out of 4 Tomcat from which we see the exhausts have an asymetrical configuration. Namely the first one which has the port exhaust open and starboard one fully closed.

And they don't seem to be on maintenance.

Not starting a flame war or whatsoever, but Zark dio isn't shocking to my eyes. :)

Just when I got used to the idea of the TF30 nozzles being asymmetrical om power-down, I now see F110's with open/close too. Never did before.

Could this be done by ground personel ? I remembered being at an airbase once in the 80's, where personel opened and closed the nozzle's by hand (just pull and push) on a P&W F100 equiped F-16A. Don't know if something similar can be done on the F110's.

well...this time I decided to present both nozzles open, not becouse was something wrong with my previous "presentation", just...becouse I liked it this way!..and a picture to prove that:

DSC00154.jpg

..and so, coming back to my previous question... does anybody knows the camo pattern for the particular cat I am building???

..and so, coming back to my previous question... does anybody knows the camo pattern for the particular cat I am building???

The VF-2 D birds used the standard TPS scheme.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f-14/f-14d_profile01.shtml

Don't follow it too closely. Weathering and repair jobs make every F-14 look different. The TPS scheme is also very subtle.

Thanks THX1138. You are absolouytely right. I really cannot see any difference in "colour" for the particular bird I am building, in all the photos I have seen I can "see" only one grey, some times on the light grey side and some times blue grey. I am anxious to see the looks of the end result in my model. Once more thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

One more (...yeap, the never ending ones... ) question boys, what colour should I paint the lantirn. I have'nt found any pictures for the particular aircraft I am building. Is it the "dark grey" one, the one with the two greys, and also what number - if any - should I add to the pod???????????????

Once more thank all for your help :salute: