Here is the place to post your completed builds.

In order to keep things neat, please post comments in the appropriate build post, not in here.

To aid people who have questions or comments please include a link to you build post when you put up photos of your completed models.

Edited by Aaronw

Monogram 1/48 F-4C, really old box from the mid 80s. Decals are even older. Detail and Scale from 1981. Airdoc decals for the data.

To be in the Artic group build the decals represent a 57th fighter interceptor squadron aircraft out of Iceland in the mid 70s.

DSC_0961.jpg

DSC_0962.jpg

DSC_0964.jpg

Edited by phantom
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my completed HH-3E Alaskan Air Command SAR Helicopter ;

Finished in the markings of 5040th Helicopter Squadron 1969 , Elmendorf AFB.

The HH-3E was tasked with supporting remote Early Warning Radar Sites , preforming SAR operations and also responsible for "Rescap" of the F-4's of the 43rd Tactical Fighter Squadron at Elmendorf AFB.

HH-3Epic15.jpg

HH-3Epic16.jpg

HH-3Epic17.jpg

HH-3Epic18.jpg

I also intend building an Elmendorf based F-4E to pose next to the HH-3E .

John .

• 1 month later...

Woo Hoo, I finished something! 1/72 Italeri UH-1B finished as a bird flown during Operation Deep Freeze 1962. Decals are combination of Max Decals and Fireball Modelworks custom stencils. Base is made with Woodland Scenics snow. Fires extinguisher is from Hasegawa support set.

Ray

finished%25205.jpg

finished%25206.jpg

finished%25204.jpg

Woo Hoo, I finished something! 1/72 Italeri UH-1B finished as a bird flown during Operation Deep Freeze 1962. Decals are combination of Max Decals and Fireball Modelworks custom stencils. Base is made with Woodland Scenics snow. Fires extinguisher is from Hasegawa support set.

Ray

finished%25205.jpg

finished%25206.jpg

finished%25204.jpg

Ray

Its super cool. Great work on that helo Sir. Its bright alright. I love it. May I make a suggestion to you (if not too late) I would add some footprints around the helo and the fire unit(or what ever it is , sorry).

Oliver

Ray

Its super cool. Great work on that helo Sir. Its bright alright. I love it. May I make a suggestion to you (if not too late) I would add some footprints around the helo and the fire unit(or what ever it is , sorry).

Oliver

Oliver,

I actually took 1/72 feet and tromped them around the helo in the snow and even added a bit of dirt with pastels to the snow. It just doesn't show in the photos.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sebastijan , your Su-27 Flanker-b is awesome .

I really like the paint finish and weathering .

The tarmac display board with a little snow in the corners is terrific

Well done Sir .

John

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mig-21 Bis Finalnd 1986.scale 1/72.Kit matchbox (old revell rebox)

mlaXU.jpgO0cm6.jpgniqxq.jpgK36CE.jpgLAsDC.jpgfp72y.jpg

Colors:

Light green: Η58+flat white+H318 (1:1:1)

khaki: Hu98+flat black (3:1)

Cone: H319

Belly: H308

Varnishes:

Model master Acrylic

Extra

Painting Oils,

Washes of citadel for exhaust blue and fuel leaks (Asurmen blue,Gryphonne sepia)

• 2 weeks later...