Now the AFV club/Academy KF-5E

Interesting, did they not do something similar with sabres once?

Julien

A-4s too! Remember Hasegawa and Hobby Craft coming out with them at the same time? Now we have Academy and AFV. After years and years of not having a decent (IE: new tool) F-5E kit to work with, we now have two! I sure hope one of them does the F as well. My money is on Academy, but I will certianlly check out the AFV kit as well. I'd sure love to see Academy scale the E/F up and down to 72nd and 32nd :thumbsup: ! Fred K.

AFV Club? They produce armor kits. What the heck are they producing an airplane for? If they have partnered with Academy in the past, it may well be that they are doing it again. What a year for adversary fans. New tool F-16N, TA-4J, and F-5E. All that's lacking is an F-5F!

Edited by Darren Roberts
AFV Club? They produce armor kits. What the heck are they producing an airplane for? If they have partnered with Academy in the past, it may well be that they are doing it again. What a year for adversary fans. New tool F-16N, TA-4J, and F-5E. All that's lacking is an F-5F!

If they produce airplanes kits to the same quality they produce armour kits they will more or less leave no room for the AM companies to send out upgrade or correction kits. .......... ;) .

Just my 2 cent worth after playing around with the dark side for a few years.

But what a year 2009 has been so far when it comes to announcements: AFV and/or ACM F-5E, ACA F-14 series, HAS TA-4J and RF-35, TAM F-16C/N, TRUMP/HB F-100C, D and F, Su-24. Modelling life is so sweeeeeet.................

Italeri?

Gene K

New tool F-5E/N/F is in the works folks. By what company I cannot divulge.

About dang time....

Bob,

You just saved my day. For a second I was actually starting to worry............ Will the releases of the kits coincide with a similar TB extravaganza release/re-release of decals??

AFV Club frequently releases aircraft kits by other manufacturers, for the domestic market. Occasionally with resin conversion bits, for the export market (I've got a 1/35 AFV Club S-70 - academy kit plus resin to make a Taiwanese rescue version). Not unlike Hasegawa/Monogram, or Tamiya/Italeri. I'd be surprised if this was anything but a similar re-box.

Hmmmmm , then I won't tell either.

ACADEMY

13213 1/35 MERKAVA MK.IV

13217 1/35 CV-90

13218 1/35 ONTOS

13219 1/35 K-9 TANK

13220 1/35 MAGACH 6B BATASH

13412 1/72 OSHKOSH

13414 1/72 MAN 8x8

14103 1/350 GRAF SPEE

12105 1/32 F-16 TWIN SEAT

12214 1/48 F-5E TIGER II

12419 1/72 F/A-18A HORNET

12420 1/72 F-16 TWIN SEAT

12421 1/72 F-4E PHANTOM

1322 1/35 GULASCH KANONE

72003 1/72 GERMAN COMMAND CAR SET

Gene K

About dang time....

I can just see it now...in a month or two, maybe at the end of Nurenburg this week, Hasegawa announces a series of Tigers also.

That was the rumor a couple of years ago.

Bob, so is this the Academy mold....or yet another we are talking about.

Or worse yet from a sanity standpoint a Tamiya Tiger, leading to yet another board split between Academy and Tamiya fans!

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts

A 1/48 F-5 war, and all Es. What a waste. The Monogram kit is gorgeous (although obviously unbuildable because it has horrid raised panel lines). Now a mainstream injection molded F-5A/B/T-38 would get my juices flowing!

J

A 1/48 F-5 war, and all Es. What a waste. The Monogram kit is gorgeous (although obviously unbuildable because it has horrid raised panel lines).

J

Hi Jennings,

Well the old Monogram kit is definatly not unbuildable.... I've built three that have come out quite nice. To make them look good is another matter entirely! Loads of work involved! When the Academy kit comes out, you can have all of my Monogram kits if it will make you feel any better ;0) Fred K.

A 1/48 F-5 war, and all Es. What a waste. The Monogram kit is gorgeous (although obviously unbuildable because it has horrid raised panel lines). Now a mainstream injection molded F-5A/B/T-38 would get my juices flowing!

J

I concur 100%!