My "What if" Australian SU-27UB. *WIP*

I have been interested in what if schemes after Australia decided on the Super Hornets to replace the F-111.. Although I probably wouldn't support the Australian government buying Russian military aircraft, it still doesn't hurt to think what some different aircraft would look in Aussie schemes.. And this is where I am at with the SU-27UB at the moment..

I grew up at Amberley Airforce Base, so I decided to do this bird in 6 Sqn markings..

P6180120.jpg

Will post more pics as I get more done.

Cheers, Chris

Looks Great Chris !

Don't forget to post it in the What-If Thread when you're done ...

Search for it in this forum ...

BTW, Trigger did a really cool pic of an Aussie F-22A Raptor What- IF in the thread ...

Gregg

Looks Great Chris !

Don't forget to post it in the What-If Thread when you're done ...

Search for it in this forum ...

BTW, Trigger did a really cool pic of an Aussie F-22A Raptor What- IF in the thread ...

Gregg

Gregg, I have had a good look at that thread, and that is where this scheme was born.. I saw the Jolly Roger scheme that was posted and thought I would chamge it a little, and this is where I am at.. Having alot of fun with this build, because I went off modeling for the last year or so, and finally found something that sparked my interest..

In the works, I have a Hasegawa 1/48 F/A-18F Super Hornet that I will do in Amberley 1 Sqn markings. An Academy 1/48 MiG-29UB Fulcram in Amberley 6 Sqn markings. Hasegawa 1/48 F-15E Strike Eagle in 3 Sqn markings, and lastly a 1/48 Hasegawa AH-64D Apache Longbow in Australian Army Eurocopter Tiger paint scheme.

Chris

Edited by Samurai_Chris
Some of these "what ifs" have very definite "could be" possibilities...who knows what the future holds....very nice job.

Cheers.. But in all honesty. I could never see Australia ever buying any Russian gear.. But its fun to think about though!

Very cool! What kind of weapons are you going to put on it? I think it'd look interesting with ASRAAMs and AMRAAMs loaded on.

Chris

Well I like to have my aircraft free of clutter, so I probably won't put anything on it.. But if I do, I am sure the spares box might hold a few surprises.. Will have to see when it is done. If it looks like it is lacking a little something. Then I will arm that bad boy up!

Chris

Nice work Chris! ;)

Did you make the decals for the tail markings yourself?

And do (did) you hang around the FSM forums, I seem to remember some time ago you did a QANTAS A380 and made your own decals?

:cheers:

Hi Trojan.. Thanks for the comment..

Yes, I am the same Chris from FSM, but have kinda got a little bored with looking at WWII (although do like them) and so why I am having ball over here.. I love this place..

Anyway, yes I did do the tail decals and roundals myself. I went and found an Amberley 6 Sqn badge and copied the Boomerang from the center of the badge.. Infact it was more elaberate, but decided that simple was best when doing an Amberley jet..

Chris