I decided to build this Mastercraft Mig-19 Kit, which in the end should look like this :

mig19%20sir.JPG

From what I heard, the Mastercraft is yet another KP, with engraved panel lines.

Here are the pieces:

PIESE.JPG

I decided to use a Pavla resin cockpit , here you can see why :worship: :

COMPARATII.JPG

I painted the interior and the rather basic landing gear :

bord%20vopsit.JPG

I added the landing light by drilling a hole and glueing a round transparent plastic and a small cone inside.

FAR.JPG

After a lot of sanding, managed to fit the resin cockpit in..

DSCF2539.JPG

The kit had some details, but the engraved lines were very shallow, I decided to rescribe it a little, add some rivets. Also, the airbrakes were way to small, I corrected them:

DSCF2544.JPG

The wings didn’t fit so well, so a lot of putty was required…currently I’m waiting for it to dry solid, so I can continue the work, most probably next week.

DSCF2549.JPG

Holy cow ! I thought that the Mastercraft kit was simply a KP rebox ! :blink: I wonder who modified the tooling (apparently, ZTS Plastyk did the MiG-21).

You're doing very well as usual... I've started a genuine KP MiG-19 (raised panel lines and rivets). Fit of the wings is ok but the rest... :) I hope that Trumpeter will release 1/72 'Farmers'.

Edited by Laurent
Holy cow ! I thought that the Mastercraft kit was simply a KP rebox ! :) I wonder who modified the tooling (apparently, ZTS Plastyk did the MiG-21).

Indeed, you can find this mig also under ZTS Plastyk label..I have one, even the colour of the plastic is identical to the Mastercraft...Probably ZTS did it.

Indeed, you can find this mig also under ZTS Plastyk label..I have one, even the colour of the plastic is identical to the Mastercraft...Probably ZTS did it.

Thanks for the info ! :)

ZTS actually released al least four Mig19 and derivative F6 , but only the decals were different.

I could also mention that they were extremely cheap here (two or three dollars !!! ) and can turn into decent models.

I attach the artworks for the KP/Mastercraft (up-same boxart) , the 4 ZTS, and a photo of my first ZTS Mig-19 that i built a couple of years ago (actually my first Arab mig)

136.jpg

19%205.JPG

Yeeehaaa!

After a long break i managed to work on my mig a little more.

I painted the gunblast covers with steel from Agama and masked them with revell masking film.

I then painted all with Hu-63, that turned out to be extremely transparent, several coats were necessary to cover it evenly. I guess it will take a couple of days for the paint to dry so that i can begin using the patafix to paint the green areas.

post-3-1170504620.jpg

post-3-1170602867.jpg

I reduced the contrast of the camo by spraying everything and especially the border areas between sand and green with very thinned Hu-63 (sand).

As you can see in the last picture, the underside is still not painted; I hope the green will dry soon so i can do it today..

post-3-1170690195.jpg

Edited by bad edd

The underside, painted Hu-65, has dried amazingly quickly, so i "futured" it all, it shines like a nickle.

The bad side is that the Future also darkened the colours, which already seemed too dark to me...

Next, decals!

post-3-1170701541.jpg

Decals are on, i sprayed another coat of future.

post-3-1170747021.jpg

Simply gorgeous - specially having in mind that this is a very "simple" kit...

The colors are looking very good, since the syrian "sand" is in fact a light "tan", roughly similar to the one (weathered) seen on the US SEA scheme.

I can't wait to see the bird finished! Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

Cheers

Diego