During a small break from the Tomcat i decided to start it's Iraqi archenemy, zee Mirage F1.

In the end they should look like this:

post-3-1187073467.jpg

The main flaw of the hase kit (apart from the bare cockpit and the raised panel lines) is the wrong shape of the air intakes... not hard to repair, anyway

post-3-1187074147.jpg

The decals improve a little the cockpit

post-3-1187074317.jpg

...but the seats are oversimplified

post-3-1187074409.jpg

I started to rescribe the wings and the fuselages.

post-3-1187074461.jpg

post-3-1187074556.jpg

Whoa! :thumbsup: A thread on one of my favourite aircraft - and there's TWO of them! :thumbsup:

I just hope the Revell boxing to be released later this year (October, innit?) will be the Hasegawa kit - and include more options than just the Tigermeet markings! :pray:

G'day gents,

Nice work as usual bad edd; I'm keen to follow this build, especially as there appear to be some subtle differences between the two that you've already got well in hand.

A question for ChernayaAkula if I may.... Can you please point me to any online sources of info on the forthcoming Revell Mirage? It sounds interesting, and would be moreso if some kind decal maker (re-)released a host of markings for the spectrum of Mirage F1 operators, Iraq included.......hmmmmm.......

Anyway, any info would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew

Can you please point me to any online sources of info on the forthcoming Revell Mirage? It sounds interesting, and would be moreso if some kind decal maker (re-)released a host of markings for the spectrum of Mirage F1 operators, Iraq included.......hmmmmm.......

Hi Andrew,

The Revell Mirage F-1 should be released during October in Germany- this the fficial information coming from the manufacturer. I guess the decals will include a tiger striped French version but, as the last Revell releases tend also to include some more "exotic" markings, so maybe we will also have a Spanish or Iraqi Mirage...

As far as new F-1 decals are concerned: Iraqi, Iranian, Gabonese, Greek (Ghost camo) Mirages etc. come to my mind...for 2008? :thumbsup:

Cheers

Diego

During a small break from the Tomcat i decided to start it's Iraqi archenemy, zee Mirage F1.

Cooooool! :thumbsup:

It seems, this unplanned break had also a positive side! :thumbsup:

These Mirages will surely look terrific when finished!

Cheers

Diego

Edited by Diego

Sweet, I love mirages. Anyone remember that TV show in the 70's about those two (French?) dudes who flew mirages. Loved that show & the jets. Must build one. one day - RAAF of course!

Anyone remember that TV show in the 70's about those two (French?) dudes who flew mirages. Loved that show & the jets

Yes, Les Chevaliers du ciel ! Sweet..It had two series, one with older jets (Mystere, Mirage III) and a second with F1 if i remember.

As far as new F-1 decals are concerned: Iraqi, Iranian, Gabonese, Greek (Ghost camo) Mirages etc. come to my mind...for 2008? :coolio:

Diego, that would be AWESOME! I'd definitely get a sheet! SAAF? :coolio: Moroccan? :salute: Jordanian? :D Ahhh, the options....

Yes, Les Chevaliers du ciel ! Sweet..It had two series, one with older jets (Mystere, Mirage III) and a second with F1 if i remember.

Was that a real film or a cartoon? IIRC, they're based on "Tanguy et Laverdue" (sp?), a French comic series. The pretty recent feature film "Les Chevaliers du Ciel" (also called Sky Fighters) was really neat, too. But they flew Mirage 2000s.

I guess first it was the comic book series, then two TV series and now the movie.

Back to work, I managed to rescribe and rivet the wings and elevators. Also the Exocet mirage got the wingtip lights.

post-3-1187121974.jpg

Great job as usual Bad Edd :thumbsup: I'll have to do a Red Flag F-1CR (four tones camo) and green/sand/grey F-1 AZ some day.

I guess first it was the comic book series, then two TV series and now the movie.

Frankly I think that the movie is hardly related to the comic books and the TV serie.

Edited by Laurent
I'll have to do a Red Flag F-1CR (four tones camo) and green/sand/grey F-1 AZ some day.

Thank you Laurent ! The F1 AZ is for sure on my wishlist.. but first i still have two others, one of them will be a Gulf War French CR an the other a Lybian F1 AD bomber.

I worked a little more on the Mirages, adding a small but often ignored detail, the tail extension.

Also the Exocet Mirage got it's larger RWR antennae.

post-3-1187157985.jpg

Man, bad edd, you're a really fast builder!

Frankly I think that the movie is hardly related to the comic books and the TV serie.

Yeah, only the name is still there. But it doesn't matter, they fly those sexy Mirage 2000s! :coolio:

Hi Andrew,

The Revell Mirage F-1 should be released during October in Germany- this the fficial information coming from the manufacturer. I guess the decals will include a tiger striped French version but, as the last Revell releases tend also to include some more "exotic" markings, so maybe we will also have a Spanish or Iraqi Mirage...

As far as new F-1 decals are concerned: Iraqi, Iranian, Gabonese, Greek (Ghost camo) Mirages etc. come to my mind...for 2008? :thumbsup:

Cheers

Diego

G'day Diego,

Thanks for the info on the Revell kit, and I agree that it would be great to see some other markings (like the Spanish and Iraqi as you've suggested....).

As for some Hi-Decal Mirage sheets, could I be that lucky? I like your suggestions, and please consider those by Laurent and ChernayaAkula...... I love the idea of Spanish, South African and Moroccan F.1s in particular, but hey, why stop there...?

I agree with the notion (put forward by me) that current French machines (F.1CR and F.1CT) have also been poorly represented, especially in my decal collection! Why didn't I predict way back when that Albatros Decals' 'Dark Mirages' sheets would be so popular, and so hard to find when I was ready?

Anyway, forgive the mini-thread hijack, bad edd, and keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Well, also the mentionned F-1s could ( and surely will) be enclosed in the planned sheet - The idea is to offer markings for aircraft that, if possible, have not been covered by the phantastic Albatros sheet.

Anyway - let see the options that will be included in the Revell boxing...these will be surely interesting :thumbsup:

Cheers

Diego

G'day Diego,

Thanks for the info on the Revell kit, and I agree that it would be great to see some other markings (like the Spanish and Iraqi as you've suggested....).

As for some Hi-Decal Mirage sheets, could I be that lucky? I like your suggestions, and please consider those by Laurent and ChernayaAkula...... I love the idea of Spanish, South African and Moroccan F.1s in particular, but hey, why stop there...?

I agree with the notion (put forward by me) that current French machines (F.1CR and F.1CT) have also been poorly represented, especially in my decal collection! Why didn't I predict way back when that Albatros Decals' 'Dark Mirages' sheets would be so popular, and so hard to find when I was ready?

Anyway, forgive the mini-thread hijack, bad edd, and keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Andrew

Edd,

Great to see a Mirage F1 build at this time, as I'm building one myself, destined for Moroccan markings. It's my first attempt at a project that requires complete rescribing, although other than that it will largely be OOB. I appreciate your info about the intakes, as I hadn't realized the inaccuracies. That will be an easy fix!

Diego (et. al.),

Are you aware of the Carpena sheet (72002) for the F1? It contains two decal sheets with markings for practically every country that flew it. I ordered mine via A2Zee Models (www.a2zeemodels.com). I think it's still available, so any plans to produce F1 decals might be focused on subjects not covered in the Carpena offering.

Hello goodsgt,

Thanks for the info on the Carpena sheets; I hadn't thought to look for them from A2Zee. I can't see any Carpena sheets listed on their site, so have sent them an inquiring email..... here's hoping. I did see that sheet on eBay a month or so ago, but dipped out when the biding got a bit rich.

Cheers,

Andrew.

I bought the twin sheet Carpena set from Hannants but i haven't tried it yet.

Carpena decals can be troublesome depending on who has actually printed them. I've heard that some decals are very rigid and that decal setting solutions barely have any effect on them. I don't know who has produced the troublesome decals yet.

Salut Laurent,

Well as far as I know, there are two types of Carpena sheets:

- The older ones, printed in France years ago

- and the newer ones, as well as some reprints, printed in Portugal where the company is based now - I assume by the same printers that have done Santa Cruz Decals...

Cordialement

Diego

Carpena decals can be troublesome depending on who has actually printed them. I've heard that some decals are very rigid and that decal setting solutions barely have any effect on them. I don't know who has produced the troublesome decals yet.

edd nice work,i always wanted to make one of theese but unfortunatley i cant find any kits in the balkans(something like a black hole-balkans) so as soon as i find a kit i will make one iraqi mirage,they look absloutley fabolous :o i cant wait to see them painted :o

you work disturbingly fast! :D cant wait to see' em painted!!!!!

My thoughts exactly! On both accounts! :lol:

<...> unfortunatley i cant find any kits in the balkans <...>

Revell will re-release the Mirage F.1 soon (in October :thumbsup: ). It hasn't been confirmed yet whether it will be the Hasegawa tool, though. :crying2:

Edited by ChernayaAkula