Trumpeter's 1/48 Chengdu J-10AS

I hope they provide the CFTs, sensors and weapons. THis one could make some nice Whifs in Pakistani, Iranian, Syrian, and some other schemes. It would look good along side some Whif Rafales and Typhoons.

They surely wont add any CFT's as the original J-10 can't carry them (The picture abive is only a fan-art-CG; albeit a nice one). I for myself hope for a wider range of weapons.

Regarding the updated "B" version ... maybe in 2015 ! :)

Deino

They surely wont add any CFT's as the original J-10 can't carry them (The picture abive is only a fan-art-CG; albeit a nice one). I for myself hope for a wider range of weapons.

Deino

Well, neither can ordinary F-16s, it's soemthing that has to be built in from ground-up. So as soon as later J-10s roll around...:whistle:

Well, neither can ordinary F-16s, it's soemthing that has to be built in from ground-up. So as soon as later J-10s roll around...:)

Sorry, if I misunderstand Your reply, and even if I agree, that "neither can ordinary F-16s" ... no J-10 - also not the improved "B" - can carry CFT'S, as simply no CFT's were developed for that bird (not even proposed as for the TYphoon).

It's just a nice "what-if" !

Deino

Deino

Wow, that is nice CG, I thought it was real. Well, thats the one I want for my WHifs!

Thanks

Jason

I have two of the older Trumpy 72-scale J-10's in shipping right now, with a pair of insane, sadistic, twisted ideas in mind for them. Both will meet the sledgehammer, One will defect, One will be upgraded, What happens next? STAY TUNED!!!

How are you guys able to get into sonicmodels without registering? I get a link in Chinese asking me to register....

Anyone?

I really like the J-10. I'm just not fond of the plain paint scheme the PLAAF uses. Even more plain than our USAF birds.

Let your imagination run wild:

J-10_Camos.jpg

(Note: Pic is not mine. I downloaded it a long time ago & have no idea who it belongs to. If you are the rightful owner of the pic, please contact me & I will formally ask your permission to use it)

That Pakistani bird above also gives me an idea about Burmese & Bangladeshi birds. These 2 countries are still using some Chinese birds like the Chengdu F-7. So you could do a whatif J-10 with the Burmese Mig-29 blue-on-blue camo as well as the Bangladeshi blue-on-blue camo:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/BAF%20A...ck08/F-7BG3.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/BAF%20A...19377149_rs.jpg

http://www.mars.slupsk.pl/fort/mig/big/mig...708%5D-2007.jpg

http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/waf/aa-eastasi...ics/870605x.jpg

HTH

I have to say, that demo paint is just Smexy as hell.

PLAAF White is too, but I have another bird planned for PLAAF white, ironically a J-10.

Desert Tan and the Ocean over Gull are equally nice clean schemes.

Blotch Camo is neat too.

I think I'd do the F-10M's pattern with the dark and light gray camo though.

I have a feeling that reference pic is Sentinel Chicken's work, just a hunch. I'm sure he's done a lot of J-10 scheme profiles.

Burmese and Bangladeshi camo are pretty damn wicked too, gotta love the vibrant colours on them.

"August 1st" J-10 is real! :woot.gif: Or just a photoshop? :P

CHINA%20J-10%20PATRULLA%20ACROBATICA%201%20DE%20AGOSTO.jpg

Bigger version HERE on ElHangerDeTJ (just click on the pic over there).

Sadly "THIS" one is only a PS ... but maybe we will see the real one on 1. August.

Deino