Academy 1/72 MiG-27 converted to MiG-23BN

hiya!

my first iraqi model for this gb will be a MiG-23BN, this type saw considerable action in the iraqi air force during the first persian gulf war, the invasion of kuwait and DS. ill be modeling one of the updated machines whcih featured RWR and other avionic enhancements, aswell as a mirage refueling probe.

iraq23bnkj4.jpg

z3px8.jpg

Hiya

My progress so far: completed the main assembly...in order to convert this MiG-27 kit to a MiG-23BN, you need to obtain mig-23 intake splitter plates, which was no problem for me, just had to raid my MiG-23 AMARC! :)

the nose angle on the kit points up to much, requiring you to glue it pointing down at a lower angle, with a resulting gap to fill the intake, fuselage joins are horrible in the academy kit, but i correct using sheet plastic and putty and sanding to shape.

img3097iy4.jpg

on the underside i filled in the locater holes on the intakes, as the mig-23BNs pylons are mounted on the fuselage. the fuel tank pylons in the kit are perfect to replace the incorrect missile rails supplied.

img3099el5.jpg

Regards

Raymond

well after a WEEK of puttying and sanding...got most of the kt together and almost ready for painting!!

checking armament, but will probaby do one of the modified examples which carried the french ATLIS pod, which was used in conjunction with a K-29L

a1yf2.jpg

Edited by Raymond