Another 1/144th F-18E finished

I just put the finishing touches on another Dragon 1/144th F-18E. It's in markings of VFA-14. It's not my best build, but it was a good test for Starfighter Decals. These decals are Alps printed, but they were amazing. They went on really well. Anyways, here are some shots.

VFA-14F-18Eside.jpg

VFA-14F-18ENose.jpg

VFA-14F-18Eleftside.jpg

VFA-14F-18Efrontside.jpg

VFA-14F-18E.jpg

144thF-18Es.jpg

Oh yeah, the nose landing gear broke, so I had to use the one in takeoff configuration (and I broke a piece off of it too) I'll probably add some bombs and missiles later on. Hope you all enjoy.

John

Thanks. The decals are by Mark Tutton of Starfighter Decals. They're alps printed decals, but they are really nice. You can contact him at starfighterace@yahoo.com If you're a member of the Yahoo group Small Scale Models, then you can see the scans of the decal sheets there.

John

Wow, that's looking great! I'll have to try and get my hands on some of those starfiighter decals.

With the nose leg, I reckon dragon have designed it to break. I've built 2 Super Hornets so far, and with two nose legs with each kit, that's 4 nose legs all up. I could not remove ONE from the sprue without breaking the catapult bar.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Chris