1/48 F-14D TOMCAT "VF-2 BOUNTY HUNTERS"

Hi Guys, this will be my subject for the next month or so.

Kit used is the hasegawa bounty hunters kit. I will use the kit decals since they are from the lovely catograf.

extra market items used will be for now true details ejection seats...may add on more stuff later..

IMG_8033.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

IMG_8038.jpg

Edited by infideon
just a heads up....

Those seats aren't correct for a 14D. You need SJU-17's. Aires make a very nice pair.

Cheers,

M

\

OH THATS CRAP!!!

the label said for F-14/A-6!!!

ok i m going to head down my local hobby store 2 grab a pair of ejection seats later SJU -17s!!!

\

OH THATS CRAP!!!

the label said for F-14/A-6!!!

ok i m going to head down my local hobby store 2 grab a pair of ejection seats later SJU -17s!!!

Anyway i decided to order the SJU-17s online instead since i will prob do the ejection seats last..that can wait

OK here is the cockpit tub....not entirely done as i have to darken the white on the buttons.

I know its not great cos its handpainted (next time i will try masking) but well i am no pro....

anyway thats it for now

IMG_8055.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_8054.jpg

Edited by infideon

That pit is really starting to look good! Cant wait to see it done! BTW isnt the RIO control stick there supposed to be turned the other way? Looks a litte backwards! Other than that your on your way to making a superb depiction of the most beautiful plane ever built and flown!

That pit is really starting to look good! Cant wait to see it done! BTW isnt the RIO control stick there supposed to be turned the other way? Looks a litte backwards! Other than that your on your way to making a superb depiction of the most beautiful plane ever built and flown!

:thumbsup:

Your right!

i will switch that right this instance!

Hi Infideon, That cockpit tub turned out very well :wave:

The detail painting is just right, not too bright but enough to see it under the open canopy.

Are you planning to paint the canvas covers on both instrument panel shrouds? That might give you a nice contrast and add some interest to the IP covers...... :)

:)

Hi Infideon, That cockpit tub turned out very well :)

The detail painting is just right, not too bright but enough to see it under the open canopy.

Are you planning to paint the canvas covers on both instrument panel shrouds? That might give you a nice contrast and add some interest to the IP covers...... :unsure:

:cheers:

But i am not using the resin cockpit will it look weird if i painted the canvas cover?