Cutie%20hase.JPG

piesehase5.JPG

piesehase1.JPG

piesehase2.JPG

piesehase3.JPG

piesehase4.JPG

cupolahase.JPG

decahase.JPG

The raised panel lines will have to be rescribed, otherwise is a very nice kit.

Shapewise is better than Esci, the transparent bits are very good and the parts fit almost perfect, in any way better than Heller/Airfix.

I made two of these last year, this time i have some new goodies for them.

The Pavla cockpit set.

cutiepavla.JPG

instrpavla.JPG

piesepavla.JPG

The bits are not perfect, but they are very useful.

The Spinners conversion set for AZ. The original nose is not too hard to modify, but this set temped me because it offered two noses and a nice exhaust.

It also has a small decal sheet from MAV . The seat is useless though.

Many other modifications (the intake cones, the ventral fins etc)

will be required to build a decent AZ, and this set does not help much

cutiespinners.JPG

instrspinners1.JPG

instrspinners2.JPG

piesespinners.JPG

I bought some decals from MAV too.

I am a little disappointed , the print is not so good ...and they don't come cheap.

mavAZ.JPG

mavazdetaliu.JPG

mavcz.JPG

mavczdetaliu.JPG

Close look. The golden springbok lacks half of the legs and head and the color area seem printed on economic mode

Lucky me i have in stash two more Carpena F1 sets. These are absolutely fantastic.

carpena1.JPG

carpena2.JPG

First step, i cut-off the nose for the AZ. The resin nose fits well

fuselaje.JPG

I bought some decals from MAV too.

I am a little disappointed , the print is not so good ...and they don't come cheap.

That has been my experience with MAV decals too. I bought the SAAF Mirage F.1 & Aermacchi MB.326 decals and I didn't really like the print quality. I could have printed my own if I had the template. Haven't used them yet though.

Looking forward to this WIP. I always enjoy your builds and I always learn something from you. Truly appreciate your step-by-step pics especially since you also build in the same scale as me. Hooray for 1/72 :thumbsup:

I love Mirages of all flavours!!!! Looking forward to seeing you build yours.

Thanks for posting a picture of the Pavla set. It doesn't look the cleanest casting I've ever seen, in fact it looks awful. There just seems so little aftermarket sets for Mirages that we probably should just be grateful that a set has been released, but if it had been for a Tomat or Super Hornet it would have been "rubbished" and the advice would be not to buy it.

The work advances very slowly, especially because, left unattended in the box for almost a week, my two mirages became three...

So I had to rescribe three sets of wings and elevators.

DSCF5575.JPG

The third one will be an Ecuador F1 AJ , "Su-killer" :

01.JPG

I'll use a mix of Andean:

DSCF5581.JPG

and Carpena decals:

DSCF5582.JPG

The work advances very slowly, especially because, left unattended in the box for almost a week, my two mirages became three...

So I had to rescribe three sets of wings and elevators.

Oh man I wish it was that easy to get more kits ;) Wonder if you can cross breed them as well?

A particular feature of S-african Mirages is the much longer intake cone.

f1az_229_10.jpg

I cut off the short original ones and replaced them with a tip of a fuel tank.

DSCF5583.JPG

I'll try to cast the two intakes into resin for the second Mirage.

DSCF5586.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

A small update.

During an upgrade programme, the SAAF Mirages recieved ventral fins that had built in decoy dispensers.

fins.jpg

These are larger, thicker and more "squarish" compared to the original ones, so they'll have to be scratchbuilt.

DSCF5671.JPG

I made a master and i'll try to cast it in resin so i won't repeat the work three times over again.

DSCF5672.JPG

For the FAE Mirage i'll use the in box fins, but i'll have to make the dispensers.

I'm a little upset, the original Spinners and Pavla resins don't fit to well, although marketed for Hasegawa kit.

The exhaust and nose are thicker than the fuselage and the pavla cockpit needs some surgery to fit.

DSCF5669.JPG

DSCF5670.JPG

Hi, Eduard,

I've missed the beginning of this topic.

Glad to see you back with this subject.

I've got everything already in my stash (Haseg box, resin from Pavla and Spinners, decals from Carpena) for a future build, and your topic will be (As usual) very usefull.

Cheers!

The cockpits are painted, all they need now is a matt coat.

Once painted the Pavla set looks ok, even though the placement of some of the instruments on the dashboard doesn't match any picture I have.

DSCF5678.JPG

DSCF5679.JPG

The pavla sidewalls are very thick, so a lot of sanding is required if one intends to leave the canopy open.

DSCF5682.JPG