AmTech 1/48 Ta-183

AmTech's little jet turned out pretty good after a few scratchbuilt details. I just added the antennaes, brake lines and lines in the whell wells. Needed a bunch of puddy to level out all of the mismatches in the airframe to get a clean fit. I faired in the windscreen because it just didn't match up to a clean look. Clear parts are ok after the ole sanding and Future tech. I left the airframe clean because it just looks faster that way. The drop tank is included but I weathered it as if it came off the prop job down the line. All of the paints are acrylic with the exception of the base coat which is Tamiya XF-16 Silver Leaf spray. All in all it turned out real nice.

Randy

Ta-183eBayII001.jpg

Ta-183eBayII007-1.jpg

Ta-183eBayII011.jpg

Ta-183eBayII013.jpg

Ta-183eBayII019.jpg

Ta-183eBayII025.jpg

Ta-183eBayII034.jpg

Ta-183eBayII003.jpg

Nice model.

Is the intake ducting on these kits a real dog, or is there just no detail in there? I don't recall having seen with without the intake cover.

cheers,

Jason

Behind the intake cover (from a Tamiya 262 with scratch handle) is the shape of a salad bowl. I thought about making some mods but it was going to be a bit of trouble with the cockpit in the way. Covers are the easy way out.

Randy