The decals are on their way to the printers. The decals will be printed by Cartograf. So you know they will be good quality. I can vouch for the excellence that went into producing the decals as the artist was certainly up to the task and did an outstanding job. At this time he wants to remain anonymous but without him I certainly could not have done the Herculean task of FOURTEEN aircraft. I hope you like sand and shark mouths because there are plenty of both.

The set will come with a DVD with a complete walk around, reference photos of the actual aircraft on the sheet, and some personal photos that I like.

There will be two scales, 1/48th and 1/72nd. Both sheets will come with enough stencils to do one aircraft. You will be able to purchase additional 1/48th scale stencils. We opted not to make the extra sheet of 72nd stencils. They were so small that they didn't warrant the space. 72nd scale modelers had better step up to the plate on this one. It is a gauge to see if they are interested in other things in this scale.

The 1/48th decals are designed for the Monogram kit and the 72nd are for the Hasegawa one. To give you a look at how much work went into these, the decals aren't just downsized from 48 to 72 they were adjusted to fit the Hasegawa kit which is slightly different than the Monogram kit in the area of the turret fairing. That is what the artist found out. That is quality and dedication on his part. Superior workmanship and artistry.

No price has been set yet as I am still pricing the DVD packaging and everything else. I still have to get quotes on the printers for the instructions. I will let you all know when it happens and how much, but probably in slightly less than $20 for the sheet, two actually in 48th scale, and DVD. No price yet for the stencils either.

I hope, key word is hope, to have the decals by the August 1 at the very least in time for the Nats. I will not accept pre-orders at this time.

Just thought you would like to know.

Floyd

Here is a preview:

48ScalePreview.jpg

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
Preview added to the original posting.

Floyd

OMG... all the marking pink!!!! I had heard rumors around the net for years of the top secret "Pink Cobra division". Now I can finally realize my long-held dream to model not one but 14 pink cobras!!

Just kidding obviously... Actually, the marking options look to be great. Any chance that a copy of the directions can be posted at some point?

John

Floyd: The markings look interesting and colourful (as much as a Cobra can be)and I would be interested in a 1/72 sheet. One question though. If the same markings are on both sheets then just based on size, the 1/72 would take up less space on a sheet so why couldn't you have thrown on a couple more sets of stencils on the sheet (say 3 in total like Microscale used to do)? You offer a second sheet to the 1/48 people but treat the 1/72 people like second class and then tell us to step up and buy them. I may very well buy them anyway but hardly feel treated with any respect by what you have said...Just think that 1/72 people should be treated somewhat equally (clearly a second sheet does sound not appropriate in the circumstances but you could have got around that by doing what I suggested on the original 1/72 sheet. Don't get me wrong as I surely appreciate that you are doing 1/72 as many don't, even when they already have the artwork done. However, I felt like we were being treated second class at the same time...

Cheers

Bruce

Floyd: The markings look interesting and colourful (as much as a Cobra can be)and I would be interested in a 1/72 sheet. One question though. If the same markings are on both sheets then just based on size, the 1/72 would take up less space on a sheet so why couldn't you have thrown on a couple more sets of stencils on the sheet (say 3 in total like Microscale used to do)? You offer a second sheet to the 1/48 people but treat the 1/72 people like second class and then tell us to step up and buy them. I may very well buy them anyway but hardly feel treated with any respect by what you have said...Just think that 1/72 people should be treated somewhat equally (clearly a second sheet does sound not appropriate in the circumstances but you could have got around that by doing what I suggested on the original 1/72 sheet. Don't get me wrong as I surely appreciate that you are doing 1/72 as many don't, even when they already have the artwork done. However, I felt like we were being treated second class at the same time...

Cheers

Bruce

Not at all. The size of the stencils were so small that most would not put them on. We had to hold the size of the two sheets to something we could manage. One is the 48th scale shown. The other is the rest of the 1/48th scale stencils, spare 1/48th stencils and then the 1/72nd scale ones. You won't find 14 Cobras that are quite colorful. I think you will be suprised. We run the gauntlet and I got photos from some friends that haven't been seen before. They will become clear when the instructions arrive. LOL

72nd are certainly not second class citizens but sometimes you have to make a cut based on economics. My economics. LOL

Floyd

Floyd: Let me get this straight, the decals are all one package of two sheets, one entirely 1/48 stuff, and the second holding the 1/72 plus the leftover 1/48, is that correct, we have to buy both 1/48 and 1/72 even if we only want 1/48 or 1/72? Thats the way I read your above response...

Cheers

Bruce

Floyd: Let me get this straight, the decals are all one package of two sheets, one entirely 1/48 stuff, and the second holding the 1/72 plus the leftover 1/48, is that correct, we have to buy both 1/48 and 1/72 even if we only want 1/48 or 1/72? Thats the way I read your above response...

Cheers

Bruce

To save printing costs we made two sheets instead of three. One sheet that is posted is all the individual aircraft markings. The other sheet, which we will have to cut into thirds, has the same decals in 72nd and two stencil sheets. One of the stencil sheets will be included with the 48th scale sheet which contains all the individual tail numbers. The other stencil sheet will be available separately to do another aircraft.

Package 1- 1/48th scale will have DVD/ complete sheet of aircraft markings/ stencil sheet

Package 2- 1/72nd scale will have DVD/ complete sheet of aircraft markings and stencils on one sheet

Package 3- 1/48th scale will have a sheet of stencil data.

Does that make sense? At the moment it is limited to 300 sheets.

Floyd

Yes Floyd when you put it that way (in detail) it makes perfect sense but without mention of separating the 1/72 sheet I was afraid it was a deal where everybody had to buy both.

However, I would suggest (and it clearly doesn't affect me as I strictly do 1/72) that you might want to offer a 4th package deal where you can order the 1/48 and the additional stencils for one price (say slightly more based on your economics) to get people to commit to the extra stencils right away or I'm afraid you might get stuck with a surplus of the stencil sheets later...Just an idea that I hope might help...

Cheers

Bruce

Edited by RCAFFAN
Yes Floyd when you put it that way (in detail) it makes perfect sense but without mention of separating the 1/72 sheet I was afraid it was a deal where everybody had to buy both.

However, I would suggest (and it clearly doesn't affect me as I strictly do 1/72) that you might want to offer a 4th package deal where you can order the 1/48 and the additional stencils for one price (say slightly more based on your economics) to get people to commit to the extra stencils right away or I'm afraid you might get stuck with a surplus of the stencil sheets later...Just an idea that I hope might help...

Cheers

Bruce

I'll probably do just that. If you order the stencil with the 48th sheet for a slightly reduced price over what you would buy them for separately at another time.

Floyd

Here is a preview of some of the subjects on the upcoming Werner's Wings AH-1F: Last of the Army Cobras decal sheet(s). There are two others that will be complete surprises and are sure to be exciting.

A DVD will be supplied with a complete walk around and all the reference photos used to make the decals.

I'm still shooting for an early August release. These sheets and some new resin will be available at the Nats. I will be at the Nostalgic Plastic booth along with the Master Class Model Building Videos.

Don't forget to check out www.wernerswings.com for new information in reference to new and discontinued sets, as well as, some new announcements. Some of the announcements aren't even helicopter related.

Floyd

AllDecalVersions.jpg

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

Here is the price list for the new decals. These are set in mud, but I'm pretty sure this will be the costs.

Werner’s Wings

AH-1F Decal Price List and Options

WW Decals 48-01 and WW Decals 72-01

Decals/DVD- $20.00

Stencil decal alone - $6.00

DVD alone - $10.00

Two decals/ one DVD- $29.00

Decals/DVD/Stencil decal- $25.00

All prices DO NOT include shipping and handling

NOT taking pre-orders at this time

Still shooting for an early August release. Buy those Monogram kits and the Werner's Wings stuff too. LOL

Floyd

Here is the price list for the new decals. These are set in mud, but I'm pretty sure this will be the costs.

Werner’s Wings

AH-1F Decal Price List and Options

WW Decals 48-01 and WW Decals 72-01

Decals/DVD- $20.00

Stencil decal alone - $6.00

DVD alone - $10.00

Two decals/ one DVD- $29.00

Decals/DVD/Stencil decal- $25.00

All prices DO NOT include shipping and handling

NOT taking pre-orders at this time

Still shooting for an early August release. Buy those Monogram kits and the Werner's Wings stuff too. LOL

Floyd

FINALLY! A good sheet for that Monogram Cobra in my closet. I'll be getting the set in 48th! Good work Floyd!

Stew

Here is a preview of some of the subjects on the upcoming Werner's Wings AH-1F: Last of the Army Cobras decal sheet(s). There are two others that will be complete surprises and are sure to be exciting.

A DVD will be supplied with a complete walk around and all the reference photos used to make the decals.

I'm still shooting for an early August release. These sheets and some new resin will be available at the Nats. I will be at the Nostalgic Plastic booth along with the Master Class Model Building Videos.

Don't forget to check out www.wernerswings.com for new information in reference to new and discontinued sets, as well as, some new announcements. Some of the announcements aren't even helicopter related.

Floyd

AllDecalVersions.jpg

Don't know if I can wait a month, sooooooo many options

In looking at the pictures, it looks like option C actually has the laser spot tracker fitted. I didn't think that this was ever actually installed.

I may be wrong since the picture is pretty small but it sure looks like that Cobra has it mounted.

John

In looking at the pictures, it looks like option C actually has the laser spot tracker fitted. I didn't think that this was ever actually installed.

I may be wrong since the picture is pretty small but it sure looks like that Cobra has it mounted.

You are not wrong the Airborne Laser Tracker is fitted to that aircraft.

The ALT was fitted to the Cobra a number of times, mostly Desert Storm and we had them in Bosnia. The key was if the OH-58D (unarmed version) was assigned or attached to the unit. They could laser designate for us. I don't remember seeing them used or even getting instruction on them before Desert Storm.

I haven't figured out a way to replicate that yet. I thought maybe a clear capsule cap but that was the best I could think of. I won't have one on any of my models unless I can figure something out.

I' d like to buy this sheet in 1/72. Once they are available where can I order these? Do you have a website?

You'll be able to buy them when they are released from my website at www.wernerswings.com .

Floyd