searching pics of F-4J bu.no 158373 vf-154

• 3 months later...
I believe Paul Minert Collection ...

Gregg

Correct. Sorry, I should have mentioned they are from the Paul Minert collection at the US Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola. I mentioned that in the F-4 thread but not here. I try to give credit where credit is due. Thanks for catching that.

Ray

It's weird for me to see those F-4s populating the ramp at Miramar with Hangar 1 and the paraloft building in the background. I can remember when F-14s were parked in that same ramp area and then Marine F/A-18s after that.

158373 F-4J VF-154 NE100 Miramar (sep78) PMC:

158373%20F-4J%20VF-154%20NE100%20Miramar%20(sep78)%20PMC.jpg

You can even see F-14s inside Hangar 1 in this shot and more F-14s on the other side. Today you'd see Hornets in that same hangar with C-130s and the new hangar on the other side. I've walked through that hangar so many times...

These pics are later after my stint with the Black Knights but I'm still welling up with tears. I spent 3 and a half years with them on the Ranger in the Tonkin Gulf humping Ordnance.

Thanks to you and John for your service! I hope the memories are mostly good ones.

Ray