tamiya soviet cockpit colour discovery

Hiya!

this seems the most efficient place to put this: discovered tamiya make a lacquer spray that's a pretty decent representation of that horrid soviet cockpit colour often found in migs!

TS-41 coral blue :)

jkg6qb.jpg

450px-MiG-21_cockpit.jpg

this is great for those who cant get MM or xtracrylics or want a quick dry cockpit colour :thumbsup:

That's awfully close! Or spot on!

Ray, you've used the Xtracrylics Soviet cockpit colour? Is it worth it? I didn't know (or recall) that they have one. No MM available here, but my LHS stocks Xtracrylics. I have a bottle of WEM Soviet cockpit colour but it just seems too pale, just like MM.

For the record, in the 1990's I was shocked to discover almost the same color in the cockpits of Continental Airlines' MD-80 fleet!

...And now we know where those russians copied the color from. :)

(i am just being sarcastic for those that didn't get it. But, MiG-29 is copy of F-16! (someone really said this here on ARC while being serious...))

i do wonder if spending hours in a cockpit with this colour, makes the rest of the world look desaturated! :)

Tch... tch. Same derogative misassumptions as always. It is known that famous Soviet neurologist, Sergej Smerdyakov, after years of research, found this color the best for avoiding bad habit of relying on instruments and forcing pilot sight never to fixate on object for long, instead looking always out of cockpit for incoming capitalist fighters?

Also, bonus point: number of stolen paint cans at factory and ending at black market was much reduced. Thus Smerdyakov in 1968 was awarded Order of Lenin with kiss on both cheeks and pat on shoulder.

Edited by Bonehammer73