Thanks guys! I just received a 144th scale Abrams that I'll display with the globemaster once I've repainted it in Aussie camo.

Chris

So Chris, what colours for the Abrams, the delivery sand colour or the new 3 tone that will be adorning the fleet over time?

Edited by Trojan Thunder
So Chirs, what colours for the Abrams, the delivery sand colour or the new 3 tone that will be adorning the fleet over time?

Camouflaged of course! That's what makes ours unique. Don't suppose you have any pictures? I stumbled across some a little while ago but I haven't been able to find them since.

Chris

Camouflaged of course! That's what makes ours unique. Don't suppose you have any pictures? I stumbled across some a little while ago but I haven't been able to find them since.

Chris

You should say "what will make ours unique", only a couple have been painted so far but they will do the whole fleet eventually.

I might be able to find a couple of pictures :jaw-dropping:

I was following your build in WIP already, it turned out very nice.

Some armor in the belly will be awesome!

Just one tiny piece criticism if I may, it seems that wheels are not sitting flat on the ground... or the base is not perfectly straight??

I was following your build in WIP already, it turned out very nice.

Some armor in the belly will be awesome!

Just one tiny piece criticism if I may, it seems that wheels are not sitting flat on the ground... or the base is not perfectly straight??

Thanks Flyinglow. Yeah, the main gear are a little wonky. Turns out when I glued the gear struts to the bays they were too high up in the fuselage. As a result the wheels interfered with the gear doors. By the time I realised this all the painting had been done so the best I could manage was to try and bend the struts a little and glue the wheels on at an angle. You only really notice it when you place your eye at ground level directly in front or behind the model. This aspect probably kept the kit half finished on my desk for about 3 months.

Chris