It's been a while since the modeling bug has bitten me, but I dug out a Hasagawa 1/72nd F-15C out of the pile to do. I could have sworn there is a list of what to do to bring a F-15 up to todays standard fit, but to be honest, I can almost never get ARC's search engine to work for me. "F-15" brings up nothing while "Eagle" brings up 37 pages. So, what do I need to do to Hasagawa's little Eagle to bring it up to 2010 fit. So far I have found:

Sabre drains are deleted.

Stinger fairing removed.

Wart added on top of nose behind radome.

I need LAU-129's for the wings (who makes these ?).

Does anybody make/made FANG markings in 1/72nd scale? Anything that I'm missing?

David

Starting internally, you'll need to modify the instrument panel to include the MPCD on the lower left corner and change the stick grip to the F-15E type Cockpit

Externally, from the front, you'll need to add the two antennas (top and bottom) just behind the radome and remove one of the small, stub antennas under the nose. antenna pic The large blade antennas can either be the square type or the swept, "shark fin" type; it just depends on the airframe and timeframe.

Add the GPS antenna atop the fuselage in front of the right engine bulge. This is an E model, but the C model antenna is the same and in the same location. GPS antenna

The four chaff/flare DSAs (or the blanking plates) in front of each main gear well Chaff/flare

The right rear formation strip light will need to be modifed (split into segments). Formation strip light

An antenna will need to be added to the right tail stinger tail antenna

The LAU-128 rails (the Eagle uses the 128, not 129) are available in the Hasegawa weapons set V. If you're doing a Guard jet, then the outboard rail on each wing would probably include an AN/ALE-58 dispenser. ALE-58

Regards,

Murph

BTW, if you are planning to do a MSIP A model from Jax, some of those modifications are not needed (antennas behind the radome, the tail antenna, and the modified strip light is on the left side of the jet instead of the right side). Also, you might want to check pictures for various airframe stiffeners that have been added over the years.

Regards,

Murph

Starting internally, you'll need to modify the instrument panel to include the MPCD on the lower left corner and change the stick grip to the F-15E type Cockpit

Externally, from the front, you'll need to add the two antennas (top and bottom) just behind the radome and remove one of the small, stub antennas under the nose. antenna pic The large blade antennas can either be the square type or the swept, "shark fin" type; it just depends on the airframe and timeframe.

Add the GPS antenna atop the fuselage in front of the right engine bulge. This is an E model, but the C model antenna is the same and in the same location. GPS antenna

The four chaff/flare DSAs (or the blanking plates) in front of each main gear well Chaff/flare

The right rear formation strip light will need to be modifed (split into segments). Formation strip light

An antenna will need to be added to the right tail stinger tail antenna

The LAU-128 rails (the Eagle uses the 128, not 129) are available in the Hasegawa weapons set V. If you're doing a Guard jet, then the outboard rail on each wing would probably include an AN/ALE-58 dispenser. ALE-58

Regards,

Murph

Murph - great info - thanks for the compilation