1:48 C-133A Cargomaster

Thanks guys!!! The main wings are removeable - they fit quite quite snugly over the spar - so it will eventually live with the wings removed on top of a wardrobe :)

Right now however it has pride of place on the dining room table - and part time modelling bench :)

:giles:

Darius

Darius,

This is a masterpiece in the truest sense of the word. It reduces most of us, well,me at least, to the level of apprentice. Were there a Modelling Guild you would be its Head Master. It belongs in a museum and Dover AFB has one: http://www.amcmuseum.org/ You should contact them (if you can bear to part with it).

One question: is it brush painted as is your usual custom? It is always impossible to tell.

Congratulations on one of the finest models I have ever seen (and anyone who only looked at the completed photos here really needs to go the build link, you have seen only a tenth of the model).

Cheers, and a hand salute

Tom

Darius,

This is a masterpiece in the truest sense of the word. It reduces most of us, well,me at least, to the level of apprentice. Were there a Modelling Guild you would be its Head Master. It belongs in a museum and Dover AFB has one: http://www.amcmuseum.org/ You should contact them (if you can bear to part with it).

One question: is it brush painted as is your usual custom? It is always impossible to tell.

Congratulations on one of the finest models I have ever seen (and anyone who only looked at the completed photos here really needs to go the build link, you have seen only a tenth of the model).

Cheers, and a hand salute

Tom

Tom

Thank-you for your very kind words. I don't see myself as a Head Master as I can see the faults in the model and the aspects that I would like to improve.

The model is spray can painted using auto spray acrylic paints. First a couple of coats of grey primer and then a couple of silver. I masked the matt silver panels after the grey primer was sprayed. When the grey is rubbed with SNJ powder you get the contrast with the sprayed silver that you see in the photos. The white upper fuselage surface was sprayed with matt white and then given a couple of coats of Johnson's Klear using a flat brush. The black cheat line is a mixture of decal stripe (straight lines) and masked and brush painted stripes (curved areas).

:)

Darius

An incredible build - absolutely.

Were there different radomes on this aircraft? On the model it looks fairly blunt, while the pictures I've seen seem to show a more rounded shape.

I've only seen them a few times - in Fairbanks, AK and out at Mojave, CA - unusual and rare to see.

Hitch

An incredible build - absolutely.

Were there different radomes on this aircraft? On the model it looks fairly blunt, while the pictures I've seen seem to show a more rounded shape.

I've only seen them a few times - in Fairbanks, AK and out at Mojave, CA - unusual and rare to see.

Hitch

Hi Hitch,

I think you are right about the radome. It starts out straight, which is OK, but shoud be mopre rounded at the tip. The one fitted is the vac-for,med one that came with the kit. I may get round to replacing it with the end of a spares box drop tank or similar one day...

:cheers:

Darius

I'm always in awe of the beautiful models that can be built from Vacuformed kits, that most of us wouldn't touch with 10 foot poles.

The B-47 is equally incredible :blink:

Hitch