Two new decals from Begemot

Today is good day for modellers, who make any Ka-50(52) helicopter model in 1/72 and 1/48 scale.

We realise two new decals - 72-039 и 48-018 Kamov Ka-50(52) Hokum family, which included 17 marking scheme of Кa-50, Кa-50Sh and Кa-52 helicopters, also including full stencil for one helicopter and full external armaments for one helicopter.

72-039%20and%2048-018%20Ka-50(52).jpg

http://www.begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=77

http://www.begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=78

Edited by kotey

I'm using their Mi-8 decals and can vouch that these guys have a high quality product.

Does anyone know if the Ka-50 is actually in service? I thought it was still just a prototype and wasn't being fielded in any real numbers.

From what I understand they decided to use the Mi-28 as their attack helicopter, so the Ka-50 won't be developed. They are producing some Ka-52s as command-and-control.

Hopefully our Russian friends here on ARC can shed some light on the most recent news.

Now RuAf rearmed to Mi-28N's - three Helicopter Regiments is already operated this helicopters.

Ka-50's in limited quantity (in this year was finished last (third) serial batch) now operated only at 344-th Center of Combat Employment and Personal Retraining of RuAF Army Aviation in Torzhok, last produced Ka-50's have board number 28.

"Ka-52 is started in producing, it will be limited batch about 50 helicopters for use this helicopter as flying command post for Mi-28N's and as attack helicopter for future Russian NAVY "Mistral" class ships.

At my look you better ask about estimate time of start selling our decals directly form Guy Holroyd, owner of Linden Hill.

While I am glad that you are producing nice looking decals but I have to ask a question? How is someone supposed to apply your decals after the clear carrier has yellowed as every sheet that I have has done so?

This includes;

B-2 Spirit

Tu-160 (all sheets)

Mig-31

Su-15 (1/48)

Su-27/33 (1/48)

Several Lift Here sheets for Yugoslavian markings

and several sheets from Bison

The last two companies have their decals printed by you and is why I mention them. Is this a PH problem with the paper and carrier film? The whole idea of the window treatment seems too desperate to try and have heard about a using a drop or two of bleach to correct it but have not tried that yet. :touche:

Any info would be appreciated!

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

Of course we know about this problem, for this reason more, than 1 year ago we started use new warnish, all our new decals printed with this clear carrier.

Problem of old warnish was not momental - after printing and selling decals usual put into dark boxes. In the dark this old laquer started bieng a yellow shadow of clear laquer. Actually solvation is not so difficult - if you placed decals from inner side of window in clear bag, in which it was solded, laquer side to street, than sun UV make this clear carrier more clear. This process can be last few days - now is not so much sunny days as during summer.

Edited by kotey
<...>

"Ka-52 <...> as attack helicopter for future Russian NAVY "Mistral" class ships.

Say what? :) Now that sounds interesting! I've seen a pic of a Ka-52 on some ship's deck, but never considered that they might actually be intended to fly from them for a longer time. Very, very interesting!

Say what? :( Now that sounds interesting! I've seen a pic of a Ka-52 on some ship's deck, but never considered that they might actually be intended to fly from them for a longer time. Very, very interesting!

Is it look impossible? As i suppose Russian government have plans adopt to Russian NAVY during next 5 years 1-2 French-built "Mistral" ships and after that build several (2-4) ships at russian shipyards. As i know just now French shipyards recieve some specific technical information about russian-built system, which need install at ships.

During vizit Mistral to Russia Ka-27's and Ka-52's trying landing and take-off to deck report about vizit Ka-27's to Mistral, Ka-52's flying in other day.

1-st September 2010 director of Progress helicopter-built palnt (Arsen'ev) declare that government already payd for 30 Ka-52's helicopter, (3 pre-serial Ka-52's and 4 serial Ka-52's was made in 2010) which was build untill end 2014, and it will be not all batch, other batch about 30-40 helicopters additional contract now is in discuss.

and now not about Ka-52, its photo, which i made from my flat balcony - Mi-28N's training fly from Rostvertol test airfield

P1010424.JPG

P1010439.JPG

P1010440.JPG

Edited by kotey

Interesting link regarding the Ka-27s on Mistral. ;)

I found some pics of Ka-52s on a ship in some German forum some time ago, although the links look like they were snagged from some Russian source.

Going by the markings on the landing deck, I suppose these are of the visit to the Mistral.

f73bc442a857.jpg

e7df2974bedc.jpg

2bc491da072b.jpg

While I am glad that you are producing nice looking decals but I have to ask a question? How is someone supposed to apply your decals after the clear carrier has yellowed as every sheet that I have has done so?

This includes;

The last two companies have their decals printed by you and is why I mention them. Is this a PH problem with the paper and carrier film? The whole idea of the window treatment seems too desperate to try and have heard about a using a drop or two of bleach to correct it but have not tried that yet. :woot.gif:

And what you will do with decals?If you do not need them you can donate them :whistle:

To me even early production Begemot decals are very good and i know many modellers using them and taking first places everywhere(even in USA).

• 3 weeks later...