Texas ANG anniversary F-16 sheets available for preorder

The decals for Texas ANG's 149th FW 65th anniversary F-16C are available for preorder now, both in 1/72 and 1/48 scale. I will start shipping these decals on Dec 20.

The 1/48 sheet is $9.99, and the 1/72 is $7.99. These prices include US shipping.

CD72004: 1/72 149th FW "Lone Star Gunfighters" 65th Anniversary F-16C

CD48009: 1/48 149th FW "Lone Star Gunfighters" 65th Anniversary F-16C

cd48009_profile.png

texF16.jpg

Edited by KursadA

I am still packing these decals: sheets in both scales have arrived a couple days ago and they look pretty good. My biggest worry was that the blue color for the top of the tail might not match the exact color I was going to specify in the instructions; but it looks like I specified an almost exact match: the color on the decal matches Testors French Blue almost exactly.

lsg1.jpg

lsg2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just shipped the last preorder. These decals are a no longer a "preorder" item now, and I will be shipping all orders immediately. The first reviews should start appearing next week.

Edited by KursadA

The reference photos section is up.

http://www.caracalmodels.com/references/cd48009/

Note that there is an in-flight photo there showing that the undersurfaces of the horizontal stabs were left gray. I got this photo *after* I designed the instruction sheet. I will add an erratum notice to the decal's Web page and provide a corrected drawing there.

I have a question for you. I use acrylics to paint with and i'm having trouble finding the gloss red, white and blue. Do per chance know where I can find them?

I typically don't have any problems finding most of the Model Master acrylics range at local Hobbytown USA branches here in the Austin area. While building my Lone Star Gunfighters prototype, I used the Testors Guards Red and French Blue that I bought from Hobbytown.

I typically don't have any problems finding most of the Model Master acrylics range at local Hobbytown USA branches here in the Austin area. While building my Lone Star Gunfighters prototype, I used the Testors Guards Red and French Blue that I bought from Hobbytown.

YES!! Found the paints you told me about. Thanks. :thumbsup: