RAL 6014 What do you do?

I have a few NORM72 camo aircraft lined up but need some kind a formula or something so I can get a close match. Was wondering what you have done to get your color?

Post a picture if you can.

I used Xtracolor for the camouflage colors. I will never use anything else for Norm 72.

F-104.jpg

X251 for RAL 6014

X254 for RAL 7012

X255 for RAL 7001

Edited by Lancer512

I placed an order for the XtraColor but was told it was on backorder and then the order would be canceled. I got some of the order but the rest was canceled because the seller didn't know when or if they were ever going to be resupplied. This is from a place here in the US.

The Revell colors along with the XtraColor would have to be an international order and that's getting to be close to impossible these days.

Xtracolor is a british brand, if I can not find it in a LHS I would contact Hannants. If you want to go with Revell (enamel or acrylic)I can get it in many shops here. Should I get one and send it to you?

Re: Hannant's... I don't think that's an option anymore? I heard something about Royal Mail banning the shipment of paints by mail...

So I'm starting to think those of us in NA are hooped for those Euro-specific paints...

http://www.scalehobb...175/product.php

Never seen that before.

Its in the NATO line which consists of three colors but I thought the NATO Tricolor scheme was green, brown and black?

Wonder how close it is?

My link

Testors supplies the NATO Green & Brown - you pick your own black :woot.gif:/>/>

The RAL 6014 matches the color standard - I've been told.

My go to US vendor for many items:

My link

Edited by falcon04

My link

Testors supplies the NATO Green & Brown - you pick your own black :woot.gif:

The RAL 6014 matches the color standard - I've been told.

My go to US vendor for many items:

My link

I just checked that link.

Note that Testors supplies two different kinds of green.

The tricolor green is for the current NATO scheme found on tanks, which equals FS34094.

RAL 6014 seems to be the standard color of equipment which is not camouflaged. At least it was 20 year ago.

Edited by Lancer512

I took out my trusty FS595c and RAL K7 fan decks, and I think FS34064(*) and RAL9014 are pretty close. See for yourself below. Even FS34079 would be good enough for me, considering how RAL 6014 seems to fade in time.

ral6014a_03232014.jpg

ral6014b_03232014.jpg

(*): I used the glossy variant (FS14064) in the photo to eliminate the difference in sheen.

Edited by KursadA