Need input for long-term project

Hello everybody,

I have been working on this project quite a long time already. My plan is to create a diorama depicting a scene aboard USS Abraham Lincoln during the 2003 OIF cruise. This is what I have so far:

CIMG3481.jpg

I would like to add the following:

The VS-35 CAG-Bird before George W. Bush was designated as the pilot. This build is almost completed, I just need to add the crew names.

CIMG8717.jpg

Next in the pipeline are:

Hawkeye VAW-113 CAG. I do have decals for the squadron-insignia, but not all of the crew names.

IMG_7287.jpg

March%2023%202003%20E2-C.jpg

HH-60H of HS-4. For this aircraft I also need the crew-names and number, preferably for Bu-No 165798

IMG_7288.jpg

March%2021%202003%20deck.jpg

EA-6B Prowler. I have stencils for a line bird, but no crew names nor squadron-insignia or

021114-N-4748O-001.jpg

Also I would love to add a VFA-113 line-jet, but unfortunately this seems to be one of the most seldomly covered Hornet-squadrons out there.

030225-N-9951B-003.jpg

Any information regarding that cruise would be much appreciated. If any decal company would like to cover any aircraft from that cruise, I would be the first to buy that sheet ;)

Best regards,

Daniel

Edited by tomcatfan

Yeah I saw the FT-decals sheet. The Hornet-artwork has the correct shape, but the airplane ist the wrong timeframe. The shade of the markings is too light and the tailcode and carrier name don´t fit. Still, it is the only line-bird I have found so far.

Yeah I saw the FT-decals sheet. The Hornet-artwork has the correct shape, but the airplane ist the wrong timeframe. The shade of the markings is too light and the tailcode and carrier name don´t fit. Still, it is the only line-bird I have found so far.

I know it's not a line jet, but Superscale 48-714 has the VFA-113 CAG jet from 2000 cruise, and the only thing different with the markings are the CAG/DCAG/PC names and the presence of whatever drop marks were added. Everything else to include the BuNo should be the same between the 2000/01 and 2002/03 cruises.

SuperScale 48-714

Monogram released an F/A-18C with 113 decals. I have a sheet if you want it

What does that sheet look like? I wonder if it would be ok for a 2003 jet.

I know it's not a line jet, but Superscale 48-714 has the VFA-113 CAG jet from 2000 cruise, and the only thing different with the markings are the CAG/DCAG/PC names and the presence of whatever drop marks were added. Everything else to include the BuNo should be the same between the 2000/01 and 2002/03 cruises.

SuperScale 48-714

Thanks for the link. I am trying to find a copy of that sheet.