Trumpeter´s Su-27 Flanker in 1/32

Hello there everybody,

I´m not a member of these forums for such a long time :banana: , but I thought it might be interesting to start an in-progress documentation of my new build (quess what - it´s another Flanker). I hope you don´t get annoyed with it, as several people are doing the same thing right now. I´m starting with the cockpit set of Aires and will, later, use it together with Zactoman´s canopy parts (in this place again, I have to say that this Kit is really superb and exceeds even the LOD that is provided by Aires parts :o ) and so on.

I haven´t planned much of the further progress and I might take some time to get there as this is my second build after a time-out of seven years. Also previously I had never worked with resin or photoetched parts. So a lot of things are still quite new to me...

I hope you enjoy what I bring up...

Greetings :)

Here is the K36 Ejection Seat out of the Aires cockpit set in its current state. Maybe it wasn´t the best idea to start with this part because I´ll only "use" it much later but I couldn´t really help it - it´s too beautiful so I had to do it once it was out of the box. As reference I used some pics of a ukrainian Su-27 and other pics which can be found in these forums. My build will definitely be a russian bird, so there might be differences between russian or ukrainian K36s. This was really hard to figure out as most pics don´t really show the colors of the belts and the rear or even the plane ID but I think it also works out like this.

Hey! Attachments do work! :D :wave:

I believe the belts were folded incorrectly though but this is only an interpretation :D . I´ll have to take care of some minor issues still, first of all ageing effects and maybe some other stuff... See you soon (with the instruments panel and the tub)

Edited by upupandaway
It's a really Ukrainian seat :D

I would say make it in Ukrainian markings :)

Hm, yeah you´re right... I would if I hadn´t spent about 50$ on getting the Linden Hill Flankers on Patrol 2 and the Stencil Sheet. :wave: They were quite hard to get and they look too good so I think I´ll end up with this litte (?) incompatibillity :D Hope you dot mind but when I was painting the seat I wasn´t aware that the pictures were actually taken from a ukrainian bird because the rest of the cockpit looks just alike...

By the way: Are there any decals for ukrainian markings available as aftermarket or so? (just in case...)

WOW! :o

Terrific job on that K-36, upupandaway :cheers: . I know how difficult those straps are and you've done a fine job Sir. Excellent work.

I'm really looking forward to more updates on this thread. We can't get enough of these big Flankers... :D

Welcome to Flankerville, A.R.C. :D

;)

Hello again,

I´ve come to finish the Aires instruments panel today and I´ve airbrushed the tub, but that´s nothing worth posting yet. It was really an awful job doing the white marking around the instruments - even with my finest 0000-brush and a magnifiying glass. At first I tried to mask it - I gave up after about 2 minutes. I´m sorry that I can´t get a bigger image on the photo but from any closer distance my digicam won´t get a focus...

There goes my weekend...

Edited by upupandaway
(quess what - it´s another Flanker). I hope you don´t get annoyed with it, as several people are doing the same thing right now.

Welcome to the party! :unsure:

How could anybody be annoyed by too many Flanker builds?

I'm loving it! :cheers:

Looking very nice so far...Looking forward to more!

Chris :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

So here are a few more pics of my little Su 27 (nothing fancy at all but I´m happy to achieve at elast some progress). I´ve cut the Zactomodels canopy so far and separated it (not seen on the photo), mounted the IRST and the Aires rear of the cockpit and I´ve finished the frame for the canopy.

Here are a few photos:

Edited by upupandaway

So here´s the upper fuselage with the new IRST and the Aires cockpit part - all ready for the tub to be mounted once it´s done...

Everythings gooing quite slow but I´m hoping to be able to present you the munted cockpit tub and all the other stuff soon... :thumbsup:

Yep, that´s right.

When the IRST came out of the box, it was already a bit loose so I cut it off. Sure the part is very thin in this place - I just didn´t lilke the thought of losing it to my ever hungry carpet monster. I´ll put it back in place when the canopy front is ready.

Edited by upupandaway